Ever been in a situation when you want to buy a used phone and wondered whether the price is right? Contemplating if it is really a good deal or not? This is where quick statistics and high-level overview of smartphone market helps.
Here’s a brief overview of what this app does –
- Provide a histogram of the prices at which the phones were sold and not sold.
- How many ads for phones were listed each day
- Is the price trending down or not
- Average, Median and minimum price of the most commonly selling phone
It covers most of the popular phones including all Apple iPhone, Google Pixel Series and Samsung. There are some tablets such as iPad included too.
Tools & Libraries Used
- Python GMAIL API – To read mails from GMAIL and fetch the listings for swappa
- Scrapy – To scrape data from swappa
- Tableau – To draw the visualization/EDA
- Google Viz – To draw visualization for the web (WIP)
Full Code at my github – https://github.com/thepiratex/swappa